History & Awards
Small Foot was born in the mountain. The inventor Peter Dimitrov is a freeride snowboarder and designer of sports clothing. One day climbing up a snowy mountain peak he got stuck in the deep snow and had hard times getting out. There he came up with the idea of creating lightweight, compact and easy to pack-and-go snowshoes.
This is how Small Foot – the world’s first inflatable pocket-sized snowshoes were created – a unique rider-driven combination of design, functionality and lightweight. They are a revolutionary and innovative product which is inspired by necessity and designed to be with you when needed.
After years of testing and improving the product proved to be sustainable and effective. Nowadays every pair of Small Foot is being produced and tested in modern facilities in Bulgaria to ensure the best possible experience a snowshoe can bring. Our products’s development is based on the help of professional organisations, Mountain rescue services, emergency teams and armies. Over the years our company specialized in producing survival equipment – inflatable shoes for different terrains and inflatable stretcher.
- “Innovative company of 2014”, President of Bulgaria, 1st place, 2014
- 1st place at the annual awards of b2b Media for “Innovative idea of the year 2014”
- FORBES BUSINESS AWARDS 2012
- “BrandNew Awards” – ISPO Finalist, 2012
- The Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Award for 2016 – In the “Best Innovative Project and Innovative Product”
- The RedDot Award 2016, for the Revolution model snowshoe – For “High design quality, expressing innovation in form and function in an exeplary manner
- The Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry Award for 2017 – In the “Best Innovative Project and Innovative Product”
- German Design Award 2017 – In the “Excellent Product Design – Sports, Outdoor Activities and Leisure”